SCSI bus analysis

I am at a standstill trying to get the Compaq DLT400 working with the Dilog SQ703.  I can issue an mt off command and it gets a data error.  If I try any LUN other than the one selected on the drive (and in controller firmware), I get  mt: /dev/mt1: Device not configured. So the driver is trying to go out on the SCSI bus and access the drive.

The on-board firmware diagnostic monitor of the Dilog controller only allows me to send SCSI commands in HEX, but does not print the response.  If I try a 1B - eject command, it just reports that it has sent it.

Does anybody know of any troubleshooting aids to read SCSI bus data from the driver, maybe a driver in debug mode?  Short of a SCSI bus analyser I don't see how to proceed.  I have a logic analyser but it is only 8 channel!

any help appreciated!

cheers,

Nigel

--
Nigel Johnson, MSc., MIEEE, MCSE VE3ID/G4AJQ/VA3MCU
Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!