Re: KA630 hangs running boot during netboot attempt

On 10/9/20 12:22 AM, Boris Gjenero wrote:
The problem for me with old computers is that once I get things
working it's just an old computer that's slow and with little memory.
But getting things working can be an adventure.

  That's sorta the problem with running modern OSs on vintage computers.

I remember many years ago when I worked for days to bring up 2.11BSD on a PDP-11/73. When I finally completed the task, it was up and running on the network, and I was very happy, until moments later I realized..."Yep, I just brought up another UNIX machine, in a building full of UNIX machines." ;)

In that case, and in what you're working on, the journey really is the fun part.

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA