Re: NetBSD/vax

Den 2020-03-22 kl. 22:50, skrev Dave McGuire:
On 3/22/20 5:08 PM, Anders Magnusson wrote:
I have a fast system already setup for cross-compiling netbsd and I can
netboot the vaxstation easily, I will try the patch in a few hours,
maybe less, right now I'm also trying to resurrect the power supply of
my 3100m76 so I can test it on another system with the ncr 5380
controller
Will report ASAP.
Got the vaxstation 3100m76 up and running, with a standard netbsd-9 or
-current kernel it has the same kernel panic when probing the scsi bus,
with the patch everything is fine and not only the system will boot
without problem but was able to complete an installation of netbsd-9,
standard installation with sysinst, no manual intervention required, the
system is working good.
Great!  Thanks for your help!
I'm tempeted to try on my microvax 3100m30 (ka45) and also on a
vaxstation 2000 (ka410), to see if this two system is also affected by
that bug.

The m30 is affected, but the VS2k have a different SCSI chip so it is
not affected.
   Huh?  The VS2000/MV2000 have an NCR 5380.

D'oh!  Of course it has!  I'll blame the lack of coffee.  Sorry for the misinformation.

-- R