Re: power supplies, was Re: NetBSD/vax

Il 22/03/2020 18:50, Dave McGuire ha scritto:

> On 3/22/20 1:41 PM, sadness wrote:
>> I was also able to repair the m76 psu so I will do some testing on that
>> system too, it will probably happen in the next few days or maybe the
>> next few hours if I'm forced to lock down my shop.
>
>   Out of curiosity, what was the failure mode of that power supply?

In my power supply the problem was caused by failed capacitor, there was
four nichicon 1800uf 25v caps that has leaked all over the board and
corroded some of the solder joint in the pcb, every other caps in the
psu was fine except this four, replaced them, cleaned the pcb, redone
the damaged solder joint and the power supply is now working as is
should, before the repair it was totaly dead, no voltage on any rail, no
power led, not even the classic ticking sound of a switching psu in trouble.

--
Giuliano Paolo Brunetti
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31231773@N02/sets/