Re: NetBSD/vax

Il 22/03/2020 11:03, Anders Magnusson ha scritto:

> Do you have a KA42 with SCSI disk running?  In that case:
>
> 1) verify that a -current install kernel crashes
> 2) recompile a new kernel with the same options, but patch applied.
> 3) testboot it (don't have to be from CD).

I can confirm that a -current install kernel crash in the same ways of
-9, I can also confirm that an -8 kernel doesn't have that problem.

With the patch applied the problem goes away, the kernel is able to
probe the bus even with scsi disk attached to it

I will try to install the system to see if there's any more problem with
the scsi subsystem or the installer on this 3100m30.

--
Giuliano Paolo Brunetti
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31231773@N02/sets/