Re: VAX addressing modes

Den 2017-07-27 kl. 16:23, skrev Mouse:
Now back to the original question: the .word are 32bit offsets
relative to the casel instructions?
Basically, yes.  (Strictly, they're relative to [...])
I just noticed: not 32-bit offsets.  They're (signed) 16-bit offsets.
In VAX-speak "word" is 16 bits.  32 bits is a "longword" (".long" to
most assemblers).

Still not relevant to the relocation, though.
I have a vague memory that there is a trick in as for handling very large cases; since casel can only offset 64k, gas will insert jumps if the case statements becomes too large.

It could be that gas is not teached about pic code in this specific situation?

-- Ragge