Re: No go booting netbsd-8 on VLC

Den 2017-07-18 kl. 09:44, skrev David Brownlee:
On 18 July 2017 at 06:29, Felix Deichmann <m4j0rd0m0%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
-RELOC=0x3f0000
+RELOC=0x7f0000
Ugh, IIRC anything greater than 0x3f0000 will break the loader on
Q-Bus machines (and SIMH) with Q22 DMA. It should work on other
machines (with enough memory) though.
So should we make GENERIC smaller, rewrite the loader or ...?
Just a random thought, how difficult would it be to add a check to the
bootloader to detect when loading a kernel it would overwrite itself,
and to stop with a warning?

Then at least we would know when/if this issue hits.

Or make the boot loader PIC and let it just move itself to highest possible location? Should be quite simple to do.

-- R