Re: MSCP Qbus port layer doc sought

From: Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost>

>So, I'm looking for the Qbus port specification.  One of the text files
>I found on bitsavers (a DEC-internal TMSCP document) says "See
>UNIBUS/QBUS Storage Systems Port Specification for additional detail".
>I also found a message to a simh mailing list, quoting an RQDX3
>document which, in its "Applicable Documents" list, has
>
>           o  UQSSP (Unibus/Qbus Storage Systems Port Specification)
>
>Those sound like what I want.
>
>Anyone happen to know where I might be able to find such a thing?

I don't know about any of that (my own TMSCP implementation is based
on looking at drivers and running test cases on real hardware with my
DUTEST.SAV program), but I believe the doc I used for the basic port was
called the "UDA50 Programmer's Kit" or something like that (available
from DECdirect at the time but I'm sure it's floating around the net now).
Officially it describes only Unibus, but the four suspiciously reserved
bits in each address mean the obvious thing, and the "QB" bit (bit 9 in
SA during init step 1) is set if it's a Q-bus port.

John Wilson
D Bit