Re: VAXstation 3100/m76 stray interrupt

On 2016-08-21 15:11, Aaron Jackson wrote:

Why would only NetBSD be unstable, while VMS and OpenBSD works?

There was one *very* hot day early last month where I had absolutely no
luck getting anything to run. OpenBSD, VMS or NetBSD. I thought it was
just coincidental that OpenBSD and VMS had started to work, but
Antonio's message seems much more plausible. OpenBSD and VMS have been
very stable recently, although OpenBSD did crash once a couple of days
ago.

Perhaps NetBSD is unable to recover from correctable memory errors,
while OpenBSD and VMS can.

While I can certainly believe that VMS is much better at handling the hardware, I would not expect OpenBSD to do so. But maybe there is something they have done that we should pull in...?

Also, if you also had problems with OpenBSD and VMS on a hot day, then it starts sounding much more plausible.

	Johnny