Re: Trying to boot Vaxstation using mopd

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Greg Stark <stark%mit.edu@localhost> wrote:
> So I decided to dig a little deeper. I checked out the BSD source and
> built awk from there with -g (btw, it doesn't seem to build cleanly, I
> have to turn off -Werror due to passing uchar* to libc string
> functions expecting char *. Strangely I get warnings even if I build
> with -fsigned-char or -funsigned-char). I still get the core dump and
> the backtrace is still unintelligible.

Just for completeness. I rebuit awk with -O0 and it no longer crashes.
As I was able to reproduce the crash before I think it's clear this is
just the gcc issues again, not any awk or OS bug.

So 6.1.5 has much lower incidence of problems due to gcc but it was
already a bit of an issue.

--
greg