Re: Trying to boot Vaxstation using mopd

On Wed, 8 Jun 2016, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> I've ported the mopd in NetBSD HEAD to linux. It compiles, but I have not
> tested it.

 FWIW, I've been successfully using `mopd' regularly with Linux to
download 32-bit and 64-bit ELF images to DECstation systems since forever
(or ~2001), as I have a unit with REX firmware suffering from a TFTP boot
support bug.  It continues supporting DEC binary formats and I was able to
boot a VAXstation as well as a DECserver 700 piece with it.  It works over
FDDI too (a patch was required due to different framing), e.g. to boot
from a DEFZA or a DEFTA.

 Patches at: <ftp://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/linux/mips/people/macro/mopd/>
or grab a complete source RPM package from:
<ftp://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/linux/mips/people/macro/SRPMS/mopd-2.5.3-15.src.rpm>.
There are i386 and little-endian MIPS binary packages there as well,
although this stuff is a bit dated and may not be an exact fit for a
modern Linux installation; tweaking may be required.

  Maciej