Re: Trying to boot Vaxstation using mopd

Hi Greg,

Den 2016-06-08 kl. 13:33, skrev Greg Stark:
On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 2:23 AM, Christos Zoulas <christos%astron.com@localhost> wrote:
I've ported the mopd in NetBSD HEAD to linux. It compiles, but I have not
tested it.
Well if you want someone to test it feel free to send me a link and
I'll try it out.

Fwiw a helpful soul on this list did run mopcopy for me and it did
work. NetBSD 6, 6.1, and 7.0 crash on startup (triggering interrupt
x18 which reboots on 6, and 6.1 but fails to on 7.0).

So I've install NetBSD 5.2.3 and have a diskless install almost
working. Single-user mode works fine but when I try a full boot I get
as far as a getty login which prints:

Terminal type? [unknown]
Terminal type is vt102

And then nothing. Either bash or something in the default dotfiles
freezes indefinitely or something has broken the serial settings or
switched the console device :(

which type of vaxstation do you have?

-- R