Re: Interested in USB for TURBOchannel (slhci at tc)?

On Fri, 8 Apr 2016 09:19:18 +0200
Felix Deichmann <m4j0rd0m0%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> > I'll take 5 pieces at this price point but I would like to humbly
> > request for verilog/vhdl source code to be included with the hardware
> > and that if possible any unused GPIO pins on the CLPD device be routed
> > to an unpopulated pin header along with power and gnd so that the
> > boards may be repurposed and extended for other turbochannel
> > shenanigans.
>
> Great, a high-roller. :)
>
> The CPLD variant I wanted to use has 100 pins, from which only 64 + 10
> "special purpose" are usable as GPIO. Subtract 33 + 5 for TC, 8 + 6
> for SL811HS, and around 5 for LEDs and jumpers (LEDs are nice to have
> I think, but won't be visible when the enclosure is closed).
> Maybe only 8+ GPIOs could be realized. More or much more will require
> a larger CPLD (package, macrocells, cost) and seems to shift the scope
> of the project severely.

This would be plenty of pins to bit-bang to an i2c daughter board
with an environmental monitoring chip, watchdog timer, debug port or
similar, which are the sort of applications I had in mind. I realize you
want to keep cost down :)