Re: Building current...

>> Can you print the illegal instruction?
> I'm really rusty on gdb.  How do I do that?

disassemble should do it if the PC is in the instruction stream as
expected.  But you might also "p/x $pc" to check that the address
printed matches pc, or "x/i $pc" to print the instruction at pc....

(The first sentence may look cryptic to people not used to the VAX.
While most of the people here probably don't need this, I'll remark
that the VAX has variable-length instructions, so disassembling at
address X and at address X+1 can often produce wildly different
instruction sequences.  Usually only one of them makes any sense, but
not always.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign