Re: QVSS wscons driver

On 01/05/2015 12:38 AM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
> Wish I had a VCB01...only have a busted VCB02. :(

  I might be able to help you out with that; I'll see how many I have left.

>>> The mouse is similar, but I don't have a DEC serial
>>> mouse. You can see the boot messages below.
>>
>>  No mouse?  Send me your shipping address in private mail.
>
> Have spare keyboard too?  The connectors are a pain to fit the flatflex
> cables in to.

  You keep trying to get LK201s outta me, Cory. ;)  I'm hoarding them;
about 2/3 of the ones I have are dead, and I have at least twenty
machines and terminals lacking them.

>>> I'm using this with a KA650 processor, does the KA650 support the
>>> VCB01 as a console?  It doesn't do it automatically with what I have
>>> here.
>>
>>  I think it should, but I'm pretty sure the only framebuffer I've ever
>> used with a KA650 is a VCB02 so I can't say for certain.  What release
>> of firmware do you have on your KA650, is it possibly an older one?
>>

> Was it possible to upgrade the ROM easily?

  Yes, I've done it on a few boards.  There may be some compatibility
issues with the pre-rev-K boards (the ones with the buggy Qbus
interface), I'm not sure, but I haven't run into any.

                   -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ/3
New Kensington, PA