Re: Vax vs X11

Mattias Nordlund <mathew%xanthos.se@localhost> writes:

> Yes, and I even had 12 MB in my 2000, was not to bad with Ultrix,

Just for fun, I installed VMS 5.5 on a 2000 once, complete with
DECwindows.  Worked fine, and the performance was not too shabby.

On another note, now that so much is being done with X11 on the VAX:
I've got some Turbochannel graphics hardware here that might be of use
to someone.  Two PMAG-A boards, one PMAG-B, all the cabling (including
the adapters for connecting keyboards and mice to VAXstations), and one
of those cute, round, DEC mice.  Oh, and a couple of RAM modules from a
DECstation 5000, but maybe they can be used in some VAX or other?

I'd like to pack it all up and ship it to someone who could use it to
improve NetBSD/vax.  :)

-tih
--
It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart
you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.  -Richard Feynman