Re: GCC status

On 01/29/2014 07:57 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:
> We are working on a gcc from the 4.8 branch. It can compile the whole
> system and the kernel works, but there are a few more open issues.
>
> Note that gcc-trunk (nor any 4.8.x release) can not compile itself on
> vax (but this may be fixed, once the changes from Matt are going in).
>
> It is all pretty painfull, but looks like vax will have the same gcc
> as all other architectures in NetBSD 7.

  This is great news.  I'm glad to hear that NetBSD/vax is getting some
lovin'.

  I'm slowly bringing up most of my machines here, getting stuff
restored and repaired.  Most of the VAXen are running VMS, but I'd like
to run NetBSD on some of the smaller ones.

  The one I brought up most recently is an 8250, a pure VAXBI
system...maybe I'll set that up with both VMS and NetBSD boot disks.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA