Re: Building current

> You said the ashq ..., -1, ... did disassemble with not sign extended
> constant,

Right.  The .s file has $-1 for that operand and the instruction stream
generated has 8f ff ff ff ff 00 00 00 00, which is immediate mode with
a value of 00000000ffffffff.

> so is this a gas or a gcc bug?

I don't know.  I've never seen a precise enough spec for the assembly
language in question to know - or at least if I have I don't recall it.
That's in large part why I was careful to avoid pointing any fingers at
either gas or gcc over that.  However, gcc's generation of
$0xffffffffffffffff for the same intended value in a different context
makes me consider gcc the more likely culprit.

I also haven't totally ruled out a bug in my simulator as the
explanation, though the way others are seeing basically identical
behaviour makes me consider that unlikely at present.

\ / Ribbon Campaign