Re: Building current

On Fri, 5 Apr 2013, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> On 2013-04-05 10:29, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 11:50:51PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> > > Nope, looks like a vax gcc bug. Cross-compiled lint works just fine.
> >
> > I'll have a look.
>
> In which form could this be a gcc bug? It's lint that gives the error. I
> didn't think lint used gcc as some kind of backend, but I must admit I haven't
> looked.

lint uses the C preprocessor in much the same way that the C compiler does
except that it retains comments, so it is the preprocessed output that is
checked.

you could examine the make output for the lint command, and re-issue it
with a -V flag, then run the cpp command and capture the output, which
will show exactly what it was seeing..

iain