Re: tried to isntall NetBSD-6.1_RC2 on a VS3100 M38

Martin Husemann wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 01, 2013 at 06:39:10PM +0200, Holm Tiffe wrote:
> > The provided core was from the 3rd try, <newfs rsd0d>.
> > Maybe the one from the <newfs sd0a> with the segmentation fault is more
> > helpful?
>
> Don't think that will be different, and of course you are right: this should
> not happen. The question is: how to reproduce it easily in a more debuger-
> friendly environment (trying...)
>
> Martin

IMHO it is easy to reproduce, the problem was the same on the VS3100 M76
wehre I tried to install this before, and I think to remember that I had
similar problems on my 4000/90  half a year before also.
In all three cases the trouble was related to disklabel and newfs.
On the VS4000/90 I got it finally installed, but this where several trys
with segfaults to...
Both VS3100s have identical disks: IBM DCAS 34330 4Gig. Don't remember what
is in the VS4000/90 for now, sorry.

Regards,

Holm
  www.tsht.de, info%tsht.de@localhost, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741