Re: disklabel MAXPARTITIONS reversal (was: installboot is broken)

On 29 March 2013 10:12, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 10:24:57AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> >  - revert the above mentioned commit
> >  - document the incompatiblity (affecting all new installs done after that
> >    commit in -current or in netbsd-6)

Ack... apologies for that breakage. I had limited access to hardware
and it Worked For Me at the time...

> Another options is to downgrade MAXPARTITIONS to 10, which makes disklabel
> just small enough to fit.

I definitely like this option - with a little tweaking of
__VAX_MAXDISKS it should be able to retain compatibility with both old
and new dev nodes, allow the extra two partitions, and not bork the
parameter block...