Re: internal compiler error

On Fri, 2013-01-18 14:21:44 -0500, Paul Koning
<paulkoning%comcast.net@localhost> wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2013, at 1:10 PM, Holm Tiffe wrote:
> > romanis%gmx.ch@localhost wrote:
> > > in order to track down a internal compiler error, i've tried to
> > > simplify a source file, until i have a minimal piece of code.
> > >
> > > unfortunatly it's not as easy as i expected :-(
> > >
> > > the source code i use will generate a internal compiler error, if
> > > i compile it with -O1. But if i remove another line (which can be
> > > completly irrelevant for the logic) it will compile cleanly.
> > >
> > > i've uploaded my attempt to:
> > > http://ec2-54-228-13-95.eu-test-1.compute.amazonaws.com/test.c
> >
> > [..]
> >
> > A guy from the netherlands reported me that this link is dead
> > (server not found) and asked if I can report this...
>
> I think the best way to report problems like this is to follow the
> problem reporting procedure for GCC (see gcc.gnu.org).  That means
> logging the bug in the GCC bugz, with a .i file (preprocessor
> output) that reproduces the issue.  That's much more reliable than
> pointing to random external web sites, and helps the maintainer
> trying to find and fix the problem.

I already had a quick look at it. The compiler in use is quite old
(some 4.1.x variant) and the testcase doesn't ICE with a current GCC
version (from upstream SCM.)  So I asked him if he'd give a freshly
compiled GCC a try.

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw%lug-owl.de@localhost