Re: Perfboard computers, VAX and others - Re: About support for rtVAX300

On 01/14/2013 09:10 AM, Toby Thain wrote:
>>    I was just thinking the same thing. :-)  I may have to yank my
>> rtVAX-300 off of this VME board (it's socketed) and put it on a piece of
>> perfboard or something. :)
>
> We need a support group for "people who dream of building SBC's". I have
> a couple of J11's sitting around, and a dozen Transputers. I'd love to
> learn enough electronics, and have enough spare time, to build the
> support circuitry and run them.

  Transputers are cool.  I've gotten two T800s wire-wrapped onto a
preexisting SBC of mine, but haven't gotten it talking yet. (it's not
difficult, I just have to get back to the project)

  In the meantime, some of my other small SBC escapades (with photos)
are briefly documented here:

  http://www.neurotica.com/wiki/Projects:SBCs

> In the meantime, though, it was a thrill to see NetBSD 1.4.1 netboot on
> my MicroVAX II a few months ago.

  Very cool!

               -Dave

--