Re: About support for rtVAX300

On 01/14/2013 09:12 AM, Holm Tiffe wrote:

>>> I agree. Great work, Holm. It's happening fast enough that it's actually
>>> exciting to watch.
>>
>>   I was just thinking the same thing. :-)  I may have to yank my
>> rtVAX-300 off of this VME board (it's socketed) and put it on a piece of
>> perfboard or something. :)
>
> Why you would do that?

  Because the VME board is otherwise full of unsupported hardware that I
have no hope of ever finding documentation for.

> Look for that SCN2681 chip (below other ICs or below the rtVAX brick)
> and trace the serial lines. (for sure there is such a beast).

  The console port comes out to a connector on the board's endplate.

> ..then apply power to that board, connectors should be easy to get,
> even the pinout for the power lines at the bus.

  I have several VME enclosures and backplanes.  My rtVAX-300-carrying
VME board even came in one, with a disk subsystem integrated into a
quad-height VME card (floppy and SCSI hard drive) next to it.  Thing is,
I don't see ever being able to figure out the CSR addresses or anything
else about that hardware.  Maybe I'll get lucky..

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA