Re: Perfboard computers, VAX and others - Re: About support for rtVAX300

Toby Thain wrote:

> >>I agree. Great work, Holm. It's happening fast enough that it's actually
> >>exciting to watch.
> >
> >   I was just thinking the same thing. :-)  I may have to yank my
> >rtVAX-300 off of this VME board (it's socketed) and put it on a piece of
> >perfboard or something. :)
> >
> >               -Dave
> >

> We need a support group for "people who dream of building SBC's". I have
> a couple of J11's sitting around, and a dozen Transputers. I'd love to
> learn enough electronics, and have enough spare time, to build the
> support circuitry and run them.
>
> In the meantime, though, it was a thrill to see NetBSD 1.4.1 netboot on
> my MicroVAX II a few months ago.
>
> --Toby

Hmm... the J11 is rare and b'cause of it's good looking housing it is
heavily overpriced at ebay.
I have a spare one since I've upgraded my 11/73 CPU to 18 Mhz, but
how rare do you think is that rtVAX300? :-)

The russians are selling their K1801 and K1806 CPUs in Masses for cheap.
(I do have such CPU's) .. wrote that already sometimes before in cctalk..

Regards,

Holm

  www.tsht.de, info%tsht.de@localhost, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741