Re: About support for rtVAX300

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013, Holm Tiffe wrote:

On the rtvax is a register for the TIL311 Display, I can write an
~0xa to 0x201ffffe and see an 'A', with that I've tried to trace
the startup code a little, but I get lost in pmap_bootstrap() called from
locore.c.
On the very last instruction in pmap_bootstrap()

           VM_FREELIST_DEFAULT);
       mtpr(sysptsize, PR_SLR);
       rpb.sbr = mfpr(PR_SBR);
       rpb.slr = mfpr(PR_SLR);
       rpb.wait = 0;   /* DDB signal */

         *(int *)(0x201ffffe)=0xf-3; /* Holm */

       mtpr(1, PR_MAPEN);

        *(int *)vax_map_physmem(0x201ffffe,1)=0xf-4; /* Holm */
}

Nothing happens anymore and I get a trap or something like this..
I never see that '4', regardless if I try vax_map_physmem or not.
Is vax_map_physmem() the right thing to this time?

vax_map_physmem() maps the whole page, so will return the virtual address of the page that contains 0x201ffffe, so you will be writing to 0x201ffe00 (if I've calculated the bits right).

Mike

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant