Re: rtVAX300 .. need help..

On 2013-01-11 05:09, Gregg Levine wrote:
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:04 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt%update.uu.se@localhost>
wrote:
On 2013-01-11 05:01, Dave McGuire wrote:

On 01/10/2013 10:59 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:

It's more than the 11/10, but it's also really weird, and I don't
remember if it's front panel only, but you might be right on that one.

    11/05 too, but that's the same machine.  I'm pretty sure that's the
only PDP-11 CPU that does that.

I have a clear memory of playing with this, and I don't recall ever
playing much on an 11/10 or 11/05. I'm pretty sure it was on the 11/70...

Ah, yes. Checking the processor handbook, both the 11/44 and 11/70 have
the general registers at memory addresses for manipulating from the
front panel/console. Other do as well, but I'm not going to read through
all documentation right now.
(The 1979 processor handbook, page 329 shows it for the 11/70 anyway.)

    So they do!  Wow, I've never run across that.

You've probably not sat as much in front of a PDP-11/70 front panel as me...
;-)

         Johnny

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip

Hello!
Well he does live with a good collection of them. Also a crowd of
frustrated Yeti and six snowmen.....

Gang can we put this aside and concentrate on what's what, and who's
who regarding the Port of NetBSD for the VAX?

Sorry. Good point. It's easy to just ramble on about pdp-11s. I can do that in my sleep. :-)

That reminds me, by the way, that I have a whole bunch of code for the 86x0 machines not checked in. If someone actually is running such a machine, let me know, and I can send it your way. Before I send something for committing, I need my machine back up and running though, since some bits and pieces sits on that machine...

Afraid I can't help much on the rtVAX300 though (well, maybe I could, if I had the time, but that's in short supply...)

        Johnny