Re: rtVAX300 .. adding an CPU Type..

Hi Holm,

NetBSD/vax boot [1.11 (Thu Jan  3 17:33:22 CET 2013)] <<
Press any key to abort autoboot 0
SGEC: Ethernet address 00:00:f8:50:93:14
Trying BOOTP
Using IP address: 192.168.50.20
myip: rtvax (192.168.50.20)
root addr=192.168.50.50 path=/data/home/exports/rtvax
2587200+174320 [211280+200960]=0x3071a0

?06 HLT INST
     PC = 800E2E9D

The booted kernel is NetBSD 6.0 Generic kernel which is knowing nothing
about the machine, so that Halt was expected.

I know nothing about VAX Assembler (but a little about PDP11's and KA630 QBUS
machines), I'm a normal FreeBSD User (for daily work) can program a little
in C and I'm a BSD Fan. Maybe Ragge is remembering me (He, I'm the guy that
sent you an UC07 and some german Beers 20 years before now :-)).

Yes, of course I remember!  The beer was good :-)
Unfortunately I could never get the UC07 passing init step 4; setting up DMA for descriptors... :-/

Anyway, since this is a CVAX it should be simple to get a kernel that at least says hello. You need to add the boardtype to include/sid.h (seems like you have the info already) and then
have it correctly added in the switch table in vax/findcpu.c.

Is it using MTPR for console communications? Then add it besides the 650 board type, otherwise
you must find out how it communicates with the console.

-- ragge