Re: /etc/disktab on vax

On Nov 15, 10:39am, Dave McGuire wrote:
} On 06/25/2012 07:10 AM, David Brownlee wrote:
} >>> I hope support for my old VAX is still around when I finally get
} >>> around to get it running again.  Linux just removed support for some
} >>> of the older SPARC systems that I collect.
} >
} > That would be sun4c? Linux never really ran very well on it - they did
} > a much better job on sun4m and later.
}
}   Very true.
}
} > I would not expect NetBSD/sparc sun4c support to be an issue going forward
:)
}   It had better not.  The day NetBSD stops supporting sun4c is the day
} it stops being NetBSD.

     That's a little excessive.  Depending on the longevity of NetBSD,
there will come a day when supporting sun4c will be utterly pointless.
That doesn't mean NetBSD is no longer NetBSD just that it has evolved.

}-- End of excerpt from Dave McGuire