Re: CD drives on vax

On 22 June 2012 02:16, Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2012, at 5:12 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:07:45PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
>>>
>>> So, currently looking at Martin's racd as the best name unless there
>>> are any other suggestions?
>>
>> "rc" does not seem to be in use, and it is nice and short, as Vax device
>> names should be.

I like the two character device name, but I think in this case there
is benefit in the device ending 'cd'

> mscd came to mind...

Without the context of the existing ra* & rx* names mscd* is
definitely a better name. In the context of ra*... I genuinely do not
know...

Question for the list (respond direct to me & I'll collate to avoid
too much list-spam), how would people prefer MSCP attached CD drives
(eg:RRD40s) to show up?

- racd*
- rc*
- mscp*