Re: VAX sin/cos/atan2 vs polyd (Was: Does anyone have a netbsd-5 or earlier VAX to hand?)

On 1 June 2012 07:29, Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost> wrote:

> I've fixed the polyf/polyd macros so they work correctly:
>
> matt@simh> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./sintest
> test=0.841471
> matt@simh> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ldd ./sintest
> ./sintest:
>        -lm.0 => ./libm.so.0
>        -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12

My 4000/90 can happily confirm this, churning out sin() and cos()
numbers which match amd64 (to at least 6 decimal places :)

I'm hoping to track down an INF assumption in PHP which should get it
built, and of course MySQL to complete the, uh VAMP stack...