Re: VAXstation 4000/90 - ssh & display oddities

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:10:39 +0100
David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

[SPX on VS4k60 and VS3k1m76]
> Our of curiosity what does a -current kernel detect on them?
I have no time to check. But reading the code in spx_match():
        if ((vax_boardtype != VAX_BTYP_49) ||
            ((vax_confdata & (CONF_LCSPX | CONF_SPXg)) == 0))
                return 0;
It should not detect anything at all, as vax_boardtype doesn't match.

> Looks like fun - I seem they are exhibiting a PC532 - now thats a
> machine that makes VAXen look positively common :)
VAXen are common. Remember? All the World is a VAX. :-)
BTW: That person also owns a Symetrix 375. A NS32k machine running
4.2BSD build by Jolitz & Jolitz...

> Pity none wanted to keep the NetBSD port going :/
Well. Without GCC support for ns32k, as thorpej already pointed out...
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}