Re: Anyone in Europe want to split one of three DEC VAXstation 4000-60s?

On 30 March 2012 15:57, Gianluca Bonetti <gianluca.bonetti%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:
> 2012/3/30 David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost>:
>> The auction does indicate its open to offers. If they do have the
>> adaptors, maybe its worth making one at a more reasonable price :)
>
> Given that each VS would cost around 300 euros, subtract the standard
> price of 50 euros for a VS4k, then the TC adapter would cost 250
> euros.
> More or less the original price of a TC adapter back in the 90s.
> I would not pay 250 euros for such piece of old electronics.
> Maybe for a whole PDP11, not for a single add on card.

Well, if I was in the right collecting mood and had a TC based Alpha
and DECstation, and a VS4k without
one then I might be tempted to complete the set... :)

Anyway, will wait till the end of the auction & maybe make an offer,
though probably not one the seller will like :)