Re: multiple vax 6000's free to a good home

On 5/28/11 4:41 PM, Isildur wrote:
so, one guy alreacy claimed them both, but he might share :), maybe you
could work it out with him.. regarding a url or anything, sorry,
i dont know of such a url. i remember that gunther schadow once gave a
pretty good description of it (along with his vax 11/780 anatomy), check
the archives of the list, would have been at least 6 or 7 years ago. he
might be the guy youre thinking of. It should be _reasonably_ simple
by what anecdotes i have heard, if you have 220v single phase, to connect
it to one set of poles on the big 3phase xformer.
the primary power bus is 300VDC (yes, 300!)..

anyhow, as i mentioned the machines are currently spoken for, but if
that changes ill let you know. (yes, someone else from port-vax beat you
to it :-)

I've been agonizing over this since I saw this post, and I find that I really do want both of the machines. :-( I'm sorry about that.

  I have some specific stuff in mind for them.

I will be moving to Pennsylvania soon, and I'll be building a small public "living" museum for my collection of antique big iron. ("living" because the machines will be periodically running and usable on a set schedule) John, let's keep in touch after my move and we'll talk about one of the 6000s. Perhaps some swappage can happen.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL