Re: DELQA (qe) breaking RLV12/RL02(rl) functionality

On Wednesday, February 02, 2011, Scott G Taylor wrote:
> When both are installed, the DELQA runs fine.  However, access to the
> rl02 drives
> results in blocks of zero (NULL) data... if it doesn't crash the
> kernel.
>
> Removing the DELQA board results is a perfectly working RL02
> controller and drives.  I actually went through three RLV12 (M8061)
> boards before accidentally discovering that the boards weren't
> actually bad.  I just can't have both the RL02 drives and the DELQA
> in at the same time.

Interesting. I seem to recall having problems reading RL02 packs on
NetBSD just giving me NULL bytes as well.  I may have had the same
combination (netbooted off a DELQA/DEQNA), running off NetBSD 1.5.  It
worked fine under VMS, so I just suspected that RL02s didn't really work
with NetBSD anymore.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITaP/Research Systems -- http://www.rcac.purdue.edu