RE: VAXstation 4000/90 help

Does anyone know of a way to have the VAX skip this error and boot
automatically anyway?

You can try flicking the switch at the front to tell it to run headless.
That must work - mine boots OpenVMS that way just by being powered up.

I forgot that when I was trying to diagnose the doing-nothing-at-all problem I had toggled that switch.

Just for everyone's general information, a 4000/90 won't boot NetBSD (5.1, generic kernel) without the graphics card installed. I got a kernel panic when I booted without the card, and while I'm sure I can just make a custom kernel to get around it, it might be good for others to know.

Even with the switch in the "I'm a VAXserver not a VAXstation" position?

That hadn't even occured to me. I'll ty it. I figure if it's just doing bulk builds, it doesn't need the extra power draw and heat.

Thanks,
John