Re: newfs seems stuck in loop

On Sun 02 May 2010 at 00:00:36 -0700, Carl Lowenstein wrote:
> This is a real hardware VAXstation, right.  Maybe it has a really old
> SCSI controller that uses the 6-byte command set and can not address
> beyond 1GB.   Or rather disk addresses wrap around so that after 1GB
> they over-write the beginning of the disk.

I should have mentioned that there was already another 2 GB disk in the
machine, which I installed with 2.0F or similar vintage, and the
partitioning is very similar, and then I must have been able to newfs
it. I wanted to test a fresh install on the "new" disk.

>     carl
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.