Re: NetBSD 5 strangeness

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

This should be fixed in -current and 5.0_RC4
by patch provided by Michael L. Hitch. (PR port-vax/41139)

I think I have figured out why this started happening between 5.0_RC2 and 5.0_RC3: PIPE_NODIRECT was defined in sys/kern/sys_pipe.c to disable the "direct" operation. I think this caused the vax to start using the copyin/copyout functions for big pipes, which failed at 64KB. I'm not sure why it wasn't failing when using direct - I'd guess maybe it didn't end up doing a 64KB copy, or used a copy function that could handle that.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant