autopartitioning for netbsd?

Hi - quick question.

One of the uglier things people have to do when bringing up netbsd on
a vax is partitioning the disk.

- In the process I discovered the RA92 entry /etc/disktab does not match
simh's notion of how big an RA92 is.

- the root parition for most old DEC disks is *way* too small for a
current netbsd install.

I kept thinking there should be a some sort of "auto parition" which
looks at the disk and makes a reasonable guess.  Does this exist?

I have half a mind to grab the source to the disk parition editor and
make one.  Sort of a simple command line partition wizard.  But I keep
thinking this must exist already.

anyone know?  am I lost?

-brad