Re: NetBSD-5 unusable under high load

Lukas Kaminski wrote:
hi,

i'm using netbsd-5 from yesterday (netbsd-daily 200901210000Z) on my
VS4000/90 and noticed, that the computer becomes unresponsive under high
load. I'm compiling the kernel right now and couldn't do anything else
on the vax. Even console input is not possible. The same thing happens,
if someone logs in with ssh. Maybe there is a scheduling issue?

I suspect it's a interrupt lockout issue, but I haven't tried really hard to figure it out. But I think what you're seeing is another aspect of the problems I've been talking about for a while...

        Johnny