netbsd on vax 11/730; booting in sim

I'm sure everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting to hear about
11/730 support :-)

Anyway, turns out my nfs root was broken; I unpacked the stock 2.0.2 vax
binaries and things started working better (I discovered /sbin/init was
getting traps... oops).

Below is some output;  Now that 2.0.3 is working I'll try the latest and
make a patch set.  I found that 2.0.3 boots quicker in sim than 1.6ZL.
It will be interesting to see how 4.0 does...

I also found that when init makes an mfs /dev it runs out of inodes.
Any idea how to fix that?  It's not fatal.

Next I'll try less memory and real hardware!

-brad

------

   The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.

NetBSD 2.0.3 (VAX780) #9: Wed Jan  7 12:11:40 EST 2009

brad@mwave:/files1/netbsd/NetBSD-2.0.3/root/usr/src/sys/arch/vax/compile/obj/VAX780

VAX 11/730
cpu0: KA730, ucode rev 4
total memory = 8188 KB
avail memory = 6316 KB
mainbus0 (root)
ubi0 at mainbus0
mem0 at ubi0 tr0
uba0 at ubi0 tr3: DW730
uda0 at uba0 csr 172150 vec 154 ipl 15
mscpbus0 at uda0: version 3 model 6
mscpbus0: DMA burst size set to 4
ra0 at mscpbus0 drive 0: RA81
de0 at uba0 csr 174510 vec 120 ipl 15
de0: delua, hardware address 08:00:2b:cc:dd:ee
ts0 at uba0 csr 172520 vec 224 ipl 15
ts0: TS11
ts0: rev 0, extended features enabled, transport online
boot device: de0
root on de0
nfs_boot: trying DHCP/BOOTP
nfs_boot: DHCP next-server: xxx.xxx.x.20
nfs_boot: my_name=vax
nfs_boot: my_domain=heeltoe.com
nfs_boot: my_addr=xxx.xxx.x.73
nfs_boot: my_mask=255.255.255.0
nfs_boot: gateway=xxx.xxx.x.1
root on mwave:/opt/fs/vax
Clock has lost 1 day(s) - CHECK AND RESET THE DATE.
root file system type: nfs
calling uvm_scheduler()
warning: no /dev/console