NetBSD/vax, PIC and tcpdump or samba

Would it be correct to submit the following bug report to the
Samba-3.2.1 project?

Does PIC code work under NetBSD?  If so, since when?
I've previously tried to build a working tcpdump binary,
and I finally succeeded after disabling the generation
of PIC code.

-aw

   ---- intended bug report ----

I'm trying to build Samba 3.2.1 on NetBSD/vax, version 1.5 or
newer and kernel 1.5.2 (custom).

I've previously discovered that PIC code - position independent
code - does not work properly on the version of NetBSD/vax
mentioned above, and problly older.  I don't know if the issue
has been corrected in later versions of NetBSD/vax.

Therefore, the configure script of Samba should not attempt to
make the compiler generate PIC code under the environment
described above.  It is not worth the risk.