Subject: RE: extern HD on a 4k/90
To: 'Matt Thomas' <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini@iee.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/30/2007 20:32:22
Matt Thomas wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007, at 8:33 AM, Wilfried Weiß wrote:
>
>> Hy List,
>>
>> ( i hope you understand my "Langenscheidt's" ;-) )
>>
>> my VaxStation4k/90 recognized a 9,1GB DNES IBM Harddisk, connected
>> as a

> Firmware bug.  It reports the size module-4GB.

Indeed. Here is an 18GB IBM disk working quite happily in my VS4K90.
I've had a 73GB Atlas SCSI disk in there for a while but it was just too
noisy.

(I'm running OpenVMS; I'm assuming NetBSD has no issue with a disk
that, by today's standards, is a mite small!)

As far as I know, this is just a size reporting bug.

Antonio

sh dev dka0/fu

Disk $1$DKA0: (KRAKAR), device type IBM DDYS-T18350N, is online,
mounted, file-
    oriented device, shareable, served to cluster via MSCP Server, error
logging
    is enabled.

    Error count                    0    Operations completed
4561897
    Owner process                 ""    Owner UIC
[SYSTEM]
    Owner process ID        00000000    Dev Prot
S:RWPL,O:RWPL,G:R,W
    Reference count              329    Default buffer size
512
    Total blocks            33554432    Sectors per track
143
    Total cylinders            39108    Tracks per cylinder
6
    Allocation class               1

    Volume label        "OPENVMS071"    Relative volume number
0
    Cluster size                  33    Transaction count
419
    Free blocks             28344327    Maximum files allowed
493447
    Extend quantity                5    Mount count
1
    Mount status              System    Cache name
"_$1$DKA0:XQPCACHE"
    Extent cache size             64    Maximum blocks in extent cache
2834432
    File ID cache size            64    Blocks currently in extent
cache2761143
    Quota cache size               0    Maximum buffers in FCP cache
854
    Volume owner UIC           [1,1]    Vol Prot
S:RWCD,O:RWCD,G:RWCD,W:RWCD

  Volume Status:  subject to mount verification, protected subsystems
enabled,
      file high-water marking, write-through caching enabled.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
29/11/2007 20:32