Subject: Re: BA123 wheels?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/23/2007 16:25:03
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@vaxpower.org>

>might anyone have a set of BA123 wheels you don't need anymore (ideally
>somewhere in central europe)?

I don't, sorry (my BA123's wheels are all crumbly too), but you're reminding
me of a story years ago from, I think, Terry Kennedy, who tried to order
replacement BA123 wheels from DEC and found that (1) the order multiple
was some useless number, like 5, and (2) anyway they'd been discontinued
so DEC advised him to order the next higher assembly which is of course
a whole new BA123.  Like buying a new car because you need an oil filter.
Anyway the point is, I believe he was able to find usable replacement wheels
(made for office chairs I guess?) at a home center or hardware store (you'd
probably have to replace all four so it won't wobble).

John Wilson
D Bit