Subject: Re: Alive?
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
From: None <lucc@alge.anart.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/06/2007 14:53:11
> lucc@alge.anart.no skrev:
>> Seems like this model requires some sort of user input to boot
>> if running via vt terminal (here: vt510) when S1 is up, and
>> without it the VAX halts at the prompt since there is no keyboard.
>> It's a shame really, i don't want the vt510 visible all the time.
>> This is not a question, it's a statement.
>
> It shouldn't need any input. It's all controlled by flags in the boot
> monitor. If those are set "right", it should boot right up without any
> user feedback at all.
>
> 	Johnny

Hi, and thank you for answering. S1 should of course be S3, and what
I mean is that I halted the machine, set HALT 2, turned off the vax,
disconneted the terminal, and turned on the vax. After a few secs is
made the familiar beeps. Then nothing. I guess it was waiting for
user input. What I have figured out is that if there is noe keyboard
connected when S3 is down, the 4k60 halt at boot since the missing
keyboard is understood as a failure, overriding the HALT 2. I'll
do some more testing on this, but from my trial and error, and from
several places on the net, I understand that to autoboot you need
either a terminal connected to the DECport or at least a keyboard.
But I could of course be very wrong. ;)

/Luke