Subject: Re: rescued microvax ii and cdc fsd disk yesterday
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Kim Hawtin <kim.hawtin@adelaide.edu.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/01/2007 18:34:04
Dave McGuire wrote:
> Kim Hawtin wrote:
>> Its in the tall skinny tower case, (my other microvax ii is in a ba-123)
>> but I'm not sure yet what the case is.. it looks a lot like this one;
>   That is a BA23.

cool.

>   It looks like a very nice system overall.  I really, really like those
> drives.  Good luck with the system.

Ok, it powers ok, DC ok =)

The little LED 7 segment display counts down from 9->3 and stays there.

I don't get any output on the serial lines on any known working serial
cables =/ i've set my vt420 and the speed know to 9600 baud, 8n1

I've been looking up info on how the interrupt switch or diag knobs
work, but haven't found alot of stuff on the topic.

I've got it set to the dot in the circle and the knob to the face,
is that the right config to drop into the >>> as per info here;
 http://hampage.hu/dr/ka630.html

>> Greg was talking about 'stiction' in one of the drives for his Tandem,
>> yesterday, but I'm not sure if this is a problem for the CDC?
>
>   The 9715 shouldn't have stiction problems.  Well, at least I've never
> heard of a 9715 having such problems.

seems to have powered up just fine =)

cheers,

kim