Subject: Re: Yay! VAX working VERY well
To: Johnny <bqt@softjar.se>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@hamartun.priv.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/02/2007 18:55:29
I wrote:

> OK -- I'm using a cross-compiled (from i386) installation now, built
> from -current as per April 16th, to build (on VAX) a new -current as per
> May 20th, with MKDOC=no in /etc/mk.conf.  I'll try rebuilding with the
> documentation build enabled after installing this new userland.  May
> take a few days before I know how it turns out...  :-)

Ran into some other trouble along the way, and ended up building from a
May 26th -current instead.  With that installed, the system keeps
crashing on me -- segfault in kernel mode, with the pagedaemon as the
current process.  Didn't do that with the cross-compiled system, so it's
either something that changed between April 16th and May 26th, or it's
an artifact of the system now running having been built on the VAX, as
opposed to being cross-compiled.

-tih
--
Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers.  --Pablo Picasso