Subject: Strange pthread error on current system
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@klos.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/17/2007 10:44:03
Hi,

Just FYI for anyone who's familiar with threading on VAX. My system, which
is running current from 5-May, gives this error when trying to use rndc:

gaia: {64} rndc reload
rndc: Error detected by libpthread: Mutex not locked in condition wait.
Detected by file "/usr/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_cond.c", line 110,
function "pthread_cond_wait".
See pthread(3) for information.
Abort (core dumped)

I've installed net/bind9 from pkgsrc, and that runs fine. Also, the rndc
program that was created from pkgsrc runs fine, too. rndc-confgen has the
same issue, too - works from pkgsrc, this error from current:

rndc-confgen: Error detected by libpthread: Destroying locked mutex.
Detected by file "/usr/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_mutex.c", line 135,
function "pthread_mutex_destroy".
See pthread(3) for information.

Just FYI. I didn't think it was worth a PR because I haven't had a chance
to test another system or a newer version of current.

Thanks,
John Klos