Subject: Re: Yay! VAX working VERY well
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/16/2007 03:07:32
--------------050503070602010903030603

Michael L. Hitch skrev:
> On Tue, 15 May 2007, John Klos wrote:
>
>> What's the current statis of pullups? How soon will it be before
>> netbsd-4 is this useful?
>
>   The netbsd-4 should work just as well, although without shared
> libraries at this time.

Curious qustion: why? After all, the shared library stuff was fixed at
the same time as a bunch of problems with both gcc and other parts. Is
really even possible to pull up all the other fixes without getting the
ability to also build shared libraries again?
Or is it just a question of not having the build system build this?
I would be less surprised if netbsd-4 were to be still broken for VAX,
since there was quite a few things not working right a month or so ago.

	Johnny

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books

--------------050503070602010903030603