Subject: Re: Yay! VAX working VERY well
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/16/2007 02:58:59
--------------010603020806030908030705

John Klos skrev:
>> I've done a few rebuilds now, and something about a week ago made mu
>> machine a bit snappier.
>
> I wonder what that is. I hope that makes it into netbsd-4, too...

Not sure. I think it might have been something related to the ethernet
driver (I seem to remember noting some change there). My /usr/src and
/usr/xsrc is mounted over NFS.

>> My latest build took 5 1/2 days. And that was building the full
>> /usr/src, /usr/xsrc and a kernel.
>>
>> This on a 4000/90 with 128 meg.
>
> Showoff!

Yeah. It's a nice machine.

> What about other software? Have you built much from pkgsrc on there?

Gnat:/home/bqt> uname -a
NetBSD Gnat.BQTnet.SE 4.99.19 NetBSD 4.99.19 (Gnat) #12: Tue May 15
10:26:54 CEST 2007
root@Gnat.BQTnet.SE:/usr/obj/sys/arch/vax/compile/Gnat vax
Gnat:/home/bqt> pkg_info
digest-20050731     Message digest wrapper utility
tcsh-6.14.00nb1     Extended C-shell with many useful features
libtool-base-1.5.18nb6 Generic shared library support script (the script
itself)
sudo-1.6.8pl12nb1   Allow others to run commands as root
gmake-3.81          GNU version of 'make' utility
x11-links-0.30      Shadow tree of links to native X11 headers and libraries
perl-5.8.8nb4       Practical Extraction and Report Language
jpeg-6bnb3          IJG's jpeg compression utilities
tiff-3.8.2nb3       Library and tools for reading and writing TIFF data
files
libungif-4.1.4nb1   Tools and library routines for working with GIF images
png-1.2.16          Library for manipulating PNG images
emacs-21.4anb10     GNU editing macros (editor)

So obviously not much (yet).

	Johnny

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books